The History of the Church dates back to the 19th Century (1820 to be precise), when Mr. John Sullivan, the collector of Coimbatore District, Mr. Lucington, the forest officer and Rev. Kittens, the Chaplain, together endeavored to identify this present Church site for the Church building.
God has abundantly blessed this congregation as an SPG (Society for Propagation of the Gospel). The church has humble beginnings with worship in Tamil in the English ‘All Soul’s Church’ from 1870 every Sunday evening. But the power of the Holy Spirit and the growth of the congregation led the People of God to build a separate Church exclusively for the Tamil congregation. The grace of God was with the congregation.
On 15th October 1898, Bishop. Jell laid the foundation for the first Church building and the completed Church was dedicated by Bishop. Rt. Rev. White Hight along with Rev. Packianathan on the 11th day of June 1910. Joyously the Church grew. And the Church was further expanded during the period of Rev. Sam Vedamuthu in the year 1970.
In the year 1947, on the formation of the Church of South India, our Church was allocated to Trichy – Tanjore Diocese from Madras Diocese. In 1950 after the formation of the Coimbatore Diocese we became a part of the Coimbatore Diocese.
The Church was rededicated by Rt. Rev. S.J. Samuel, when Rev. I. Somasundaram was the Presbyter. The Church entered the Platinum Jubilee year in the year 1985 during the Pastoral ministry of Rev. Philip. K. Mulley.
As the strength of the congregation grew rapidly our LORD showed the way for our Presbyters and the committee to create a larger Church with a vision to spread the Good Word.
Subsequently the foundation stone was laid by Rev. E.G. Devavaram on 01.11.1994.
The present Church was consecrated on 27th September 1998 by the then Moderator of Church of South India, the Rt. Rev. William Moses, who was also the Bishop in Coimbatore.
The whole cost of construction was met by the congregation. And no outside help/donation was received. That is a big Glory to Our Lord God.
The congregation still follows the traditional Anglican order of service and keeps the spirit of SPG and Anglicanism.
The Centenary year of the Church, which fell on 2010 A.D was celebrated in a prayerful way. Bro.Mohan C Lazarus, Bro. Cruz Diwaharan, Rev. David Stewart, Bro. Vincent Selvakumar, Dr.Pushparaj and Sis Rebecca Jothi and all our Children of God participated and shared the word of Our Lord Jesus Christ. The Centenary year celebration lasted for a month with weekend Programs.
Our Moderator Rt. Rev. Devakatacham and Bishop Rt. Rev. Jebachandran (Nazareth Tuticorin), Bishop Rt. Rev. Christudass (Tirunelvelli Diocesan) graced the historic occasion and blessed our congregation.
The functions were Organized by the Committee led by Rev. Karunakaran (Chairman), Mr. J.P.Jacob ( Hon. Secretary), Mr. A.Paramanantham (Hon. Treasurer), with prayerful support from P.C and D.C Members.
We pray for the Holy Spirit to uplift us all, with Jesus in our midst and the Lord looking over us and nurturing us.